Quitting ain't all bad.

I have a confession to make. I am a quitter. I know that it is contradictory to my last blog but please hear me out. Quitting is sometimes good. I know what you may be thinking. "Is he mad?" "Is he on crack?!" Of course not!

After I finished my degree I decided to go on a teacher training course. Goodness knows why on earth I wanted to go into teaching at the time! One contributory factor was that when I was in France I worked as an English Language Assistant. I enjoyed my job and the pupils were really enthusiastic. When I trained as a teacher in Hertfordshire I realised two things. A) I was terrible and B) I began to hate the profession with a passion. I decided that enough was enough and dropped out of the course. Yeah that's right I'm a dropout!  There's something to add to my CV!

Although I felt bad at the time I came to realise that I was not a failure and that I made the right decision. I read an article on Metro Focus which advocated the fact that quitting can be beneficial. If you quit something which may be detrimental it could save your health and even your sanity. People quit all the time in order to have a better life, to progress or to do something that is more convenient or more suitable for them. They quit their jobs. They quit smoking. They quit a really bad marriage. They even quit their own countries. At the end of the day we have to look after number one and do what's right for ourselves. Don't feel bad about quitting something that is a lost cause because something better will come along.

Peace out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming challenges.

Show review: Stomp.

Life reflection.