Writer's blog.

Hey guys! This post is about one of my two greatest passions and that is writing. When I was little I always had an over-active imagination. Some might say that I was in a world of my own. I also used to read a lot of comics, some of which I enjoyed. I thought it was time I put my thoughts to paper and write my own comics. It carried on from when I was in secondary school.

Later on I stopped producing comics not least because I am not a brilliant drawer. I decided to continue writing in a script-like format which was part narrative and part dialogue. The story was about a group of agents who would fight crime and prevent natural disasters. It focused on their friendly rivalry and competition with a superhero. I never completed the series and the scripts were really short. Reading them I thought they were rather average and that I could have done better.

From 2006 I wrote my first series of longer scripts called Battle of Wits. It was about a group of people fighting demons. The group consisted of a witch, a soldier, a detective, a priest and a professor. The idea came in 2003 and it was influenced by Buffy the Vampire Slayer.



In 2010 I wrote my second series of scripts about a time-travelling secret agent. It was titled Time Spy. The concept came when I was still a child and I decided to cross James Bond with Doctor Who. I have always been fond of this series and had been wanting to write it for a long time.



In 2009 the thought of creating a series about a pair of twins gifted with the power of controlling the four classical elements entered my mind. The twins were on opposing alignments. I like the idea of using elements to fight enemies and I have always been fascinated with twins, being a grandson of one myself. I named the series Adversaries and so far it has been my favourite as I enjoy reading it again and again.

My next series is about a French investigative journalist and private investigator called Vendome who travels the world to solve various crimes. This series will feature my very first female protagonist and it will also give me an opportunity to write part of my scripts in French. I only thought of it last year. The main character will be based on a real life person who I know and also Jeanne D'Arc. She will have elements of Tintin and Nancy Drew.

I will sign off by giving you a sample of my first script from Adversaries.


ADVERSARIES 1:1.

A young woman is watching a middle-aged man who is with three other people. However she is hiding from them. The three people are mutants who have the ability to control the elements. They are known as the Elementals. Balthazar, who is one of them, is speaking to the middle-aged man. Spencer and Scarlett look on.

BALTHAZAR: You know we really appreciate everything that you have done for us, Dr. Kolowski. However, there comes a time when, sadly, your services are no longer required.

DR. KOLOWSKI: What?!

BALTHAZAR: Don't get me wrong.  It's not as if we are ungrateful. After all, you have been invaluable to us for so many years. You assisted us by creating various gadgets to complement our powers. You gave us a better understanding of the elements. You advised us on how to control the elements effectively and use them to our advantage. However you are too much of a threat to be kept alive. You know a great deal about our powers and there is somehow a slight possibility that you would use your scientific know-how against us.

DR. KOLOWSKI: No I won't. I promise. Please! Spare me! I beg of you!

BALTHAZAR: I'm terribly sorry, Dr. Kolowski but we cannot take that risk. Finish him off!

Spencer shoots a fireball from his hand and it hits the scientist. Dr. Kolowski screams while he burns to death. The scared woman emerges from hiding and runs but her way is suddenly blocked by a rising pillar of rock. She turns round to see the three Elementals walking towards her.

BALTHAZAR: It seems we have an audience of one!

WOMAN: Are you going to kill me like you killed that man?

BALTHAZAR: What do you think?

SCARLETT: You have seen far too much and for that we cannot allow you to live.

BALTHAZAR: I hope you enjoyed the show. We could treat you with an encore performance. A pity it will be the last thing you'll ever see!

Scarlett conjures up a very sharp stake made of ice and drives it horizontally towards the young woman but it suddenly gets hit by a fireball and evaporates into steam. The fireball disappears on contact. The young woman runs back to her hiding place.

SCARLETT: Who dares?! You!

Scarlett looks round and sees another female Elemental who has just cast the fireball. She is accompanied by a black man who is also an Elemental. Spencer throws a fire beam at Grant, the black Elemental who expands the beam and sends it back to Spencer.

GRANT: Didn't your mother tell you not to play with fire, Croy? You may get burnt!

Spencer puts out the fire with some wind.

SCARLETT: I'm going to put you out this time, Farah!

Scarlett casts a boulder and sends it hurling towards Farah who conjures up a boulder in her defence. The two boulders collide and fall to the ground. Farah then does a funnel-like movement with her hands and makes a tornado appear. She directs it at Scarlett who forms a pillar of hard earth from the ground. It blocks the tornado's path. Scarlett then uses the pillar to push the tornado towards Farah. Meanwhile Spencer shoots a stream of water towards Grant who repels the water, making it crash into Spencer. Grant then freezes the water and envelopes Spencer with ice. Spencer frees himself by melting the ice with fire. Farah casts some wind to cancel out the tornado.

BALTHAZAR: Spencer! Scarlett! Let us not waste any more time here and return to our cavern!

Balthazar, Spencer and Scarlett take off and fly in the air, upright, away from the area.



Comments

  1. Amazing. I'm gripped and want more. I love the line: GRANT: Didn't your mother tell you not to play with fire, Croy? You may get burnt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am planning to set up a website next year called "World Class Heroes" where I will upload all my scripts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming challenges.

Life reflection.

Show review: Stomp.