All good things come to those who work hard.

When I was still in school my parents expected me to study hard. I found that annoying at the time but I did not realise that they wanted me to have a bright and productive future. My smarty-pants younger sister heeded my parents' advice and now look at her. She has a lovely four-bedroomed house, she is happily married with a baby on the way, she has a director-level job and she has enjoyed many holidays.

How I envy her! How I envy many of my old classmates! Most of them have top jobs such as doctor, lawyer and accountant as well as managerial-level jobs. Most of them have settled as their being ambitious makes them more attractive to the opposite sex. Most of them are able to afford exotic holidays as well as other finer things in life such as a flash car.

And what about me? I am stuck in an admin-level job, I am still single and I go on holiday once in a while. I know that if I want to improve my life I have to damn well change my attitude! Instead of sitting on my lazy arse I have to be prepared to work it off! 

The only thing going for me is that I own a house but maintaining it requires hard work. I would like to continue my career in either HR or Learning and Development but in order to do that I have to study hard and in order to go up the career ladder I have to bust a gut. I would also like to start my own online translation business but again it will require a lot of planning and years of toil.

They say that all good things come to those who wait. Well I am tired of waiting. I must stop being envious and be more ambitious. That way I will be more content.

See you soon.

Comments

  1. You have a knack of being engaging Kitdan and your concerns about life resonate with me and I am sure others too. You are talented, let those skills shine....it is never too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, MisBeee. You are also a talented writer and I am sure you'll move on to greater things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming challenges.

Show review: Stomp.

Life reflection.