It's good to network.

I have been advised to network. A voice in my head has been telling me that sometimes I cannot go it alone. Although I have family and friends it would be nice to meet new people, especially like-minded ones. As John Donne said, no man is an island.

I have applied to join the Black British Bloggers group on Facebook. I realise that it's time to show my blog to a wider audience. That way I get to follow more bloggers and I get more followers in return.

As I have blogged since 2014 I now feel it's time to yield my anonymity so here goes. My name is Christopher, or Chris for short. I was born in Liverpool in 1978 to Ghanaian parents. I went to a private secondary school and then went to a state school for my sixth form education. I studied French in Kingston University and after temping for a while I joined a local government authority as a Customer Service Advisor. I am now an HR Officer who plans to go into Learning and Development. I also have plans for the future that you already know about.

So there you have it. I have just introduced myself which is the start of networking. To network is to mix and mingle with strangers who share the same interests. A good example is Facebook which involves not only keeping in touch with old friends but also an opportunity to meet friends of friends. Another website, LinkedIn involves professional networking. After all it is contacts which can develop people's careers. It brings together people from the same profession and enables them to share ideas.

My networking will not stop with blogging. I will also plan to join a ramblers club as I like walking. I am also into photography and so I may join a photographer's club as well. Many people feel very lonely and loneliness sucks. Loneliness can lead to depression but we don't have to be alone all the time. Networking gets us acquainted with people who we have something in common with and enables us to forge positive relationships with them. That's why it pays to network.

Till next time - adios.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming challenges.

Show review: Stomp.

Life reflection.