We are family.

I sometimes wonder when it's the best time to settle down and start a family. Is it in your 20s, your 30s our maybe even your 40s? My father started his own family in his 40s and it looks like I will be following suit, that is if I ever get one. A number of people my age already have families of their own. They are my colleagues, my uni friends and even my school friends. Sometimes I envy them. In a few years my younger sister may have a family. Hell, even two of my younger cousins have families already! I hear that people who were born in the mid to late 80s and even early 90s are starting to have children too.

So why haven't I got a wife and some children? As far as I am concerned I am not ready to be a family man. Whether I will ever be ready remains to be seen but I can't help but wonder if I will be better off alone. There will be less stress and less hassle. Moreover it will be a lot cheaper. However if I am lucky enough to have a successful business in the future, will I not need someone to take over it when I am gone from this world? Having children is hard work and costs a lot of money but they bring joy and pride to many a parent. Some day I would like to have those sentiments.

I am sometimes asked when I will have children. Not any time soon. I am not financially prepared for a kid and I sometimes feel that I am not yet mature or responsible enough to have one. I honestly say that I would love to have children. It's one of my desires in this world. However if I am to have them I must become a good parent, help my future partner to teach them right from wrong and not let them go astray. Until I am convinced that I am capable of being a good father I will not have children.

Having your own family is beneficial as you need people to support you. When you experience hardships your partner will have your back. When you grow old your children will return the favour and look after you. Some people think that growing old alone can be difficult but growing old with a family makes life a heck of a lot easier. However not everyone wants a family of their own and would prefer to be alone. So will I become a family man? I should jolly well hope so!

Until next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming challenges.

Show review: Stomp.

Life reflection.