Subject to criticism.

Criticism affects us all. It can dent people's confidence. Everyone goes through criticism throughout their lives, perhaps some more than others, but it's how you deal with it that counts. What I am saying is that it can make you or break you.

It is the fear of criticism as well as the lack of confidence that is keeping me back from showing off my scripts and turning them into films or graphic novels. I am planning on building a website next year so that I can upload my scripts there for public viewing. I should expect criticism from the net surfing public but I have also been criticising my own work. After all writers are their own biggest critics. That is why they write and re-write their work several times. Some of my friends have read my very first script and they all thought it was good although I suspected it was a biased opinion. Those of them who dared to criticise my work said that the characters could have been developed a bit more, there was a lack of suspense and the plot was moving too quickly.

People handle criticism in different ways. Some see it as a put down and others see it as advice. I use criticism as a way of improving myself in terms of my behaviour and my work. There are two types of criticism. One is negative criticism which makes people feel bad about themselves and it is sometimes too personal. The other is constructive criticism which helps people and is kinder to them as well as being a lot less personal. I never take criticisms personally. I take the negative and use it as a positive.

If you are ambitious and you want to achieve your goals then you must be prepared for criticism along the way. However don't take it personally and don't let the nay-sayers get you down but use the criticism to better yourself and become a stronger person.

That's all folks.

Comments

  1. As always a well thought out assessment of what many of us struggle with everyday. I must say that working in a field where your work is constantly judged has force me to be more thick skinned. But at times it can be tough.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming challenges.

Show review: Stomp.

Life reflection.