Writer's blog 4.

Nothing has developed since my last writer's blog. The reason being is that I have taken a long break from writing. Why? Because there has been a lot of things going on. Last year I moved from a three-bedroomed house in London to a two-bedroomed flat in Kent. I had to settle due to a change of scenery and circumstance. There was a lot of packing and discarding stuff and the selling and buying process was a long and difficult process, not to mention property hunting. Also my work life has been busy and I have been preparing for my future following the restructure of my department, the introduction of new systems and processes and the downsizing of offices and the organisation as a whole. Also there was a small matter of a short-lived, long distance relationship. Late last year I went to a few concerts including those of Roy Ayers and my favourite band Jamiroquai. I enjoyed them immensely, especially the latter, and the O2 concert experience was amazing! There have been big changes in my life and that is why my writing has been put on hold.

I am now starting to write the long-delayed first prequel Time Spy script with a second one scheduled for next year. Afterwards I would begin my long-awaited Vendome sequel in the late summer and then the Battle of Wits prequel in autumn. I need to catch up with my writing plans. Next year as well as the second Time Spy prequel I will start writing one of my longer scripts which I am planning to make into films. I will also write a spin-off series to Battle of Wits which I started but have paused for some inexplicable reason. I have decided to delay making web comics out of my previous scripts because I would need to practice using a drawing application and once I have perfected my drawings then I can create my website of web comics. To me writing is a hobby, not a job. However, if my works do become popular, they may become a money making opportunity.

Right now my career takes precedence over my writing. I need to make more money as commuting to London to work as well as living alone has proven to be more expensive. I will eventually start my online translation business but it would have to be when I turn 50 as I need to save money in order to invest in my business. At present I am concentrating on moving on from my current job as HR Officer. It is seen as a support role by my organisation and is not a proper HR job. Therefore if I want to continue working in HR I would need to take a CIPD course. However, I would like to go into Learning and Development or Organisational Development rather than HR Management.

I will keep you posted in future developments with my writing. Until then goodbye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming challenges.

Show review: Stomp.

Life reflection.